Sunday, December 26, 2010

Brunch at Balboa Bay Club & Resort



Hope everyone had a good holiday!


On Christmas Day I went for brunch at The Balboa Bay Club & Resort in Newport Beach, CA. I hadn't been in years! I think the last time I was there was in the mid-80's for a Bar Mitzvah. It sure has changed! Most recently renovated in 2003.  Now, it looks like a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton resort, complete with all the amenities of a five star hotel.  The resort includes (for members and non-members alike): guest suites & rooms, a spa and a salon, meeting rooms, two restaurants and a bar, a marina that accommodates up to 144 boat slips, and more. After brunch, I took a few quick pictures that I thought would share - a mini tour of the club which is currently festively decorated for the holidays.




The entrance to the Balboa Bay Club & Resort.




The decorated fountain.




The corridor leading to The First Cabin restaurant.




Entrance to the restaurant, where we dined.




Interior of The First Cabin restaurant.




The Balboa Bay Club sits right on Newport Harbor, with it's own marina and boat slips.




The outside patio area with harbor views.






The living/sitting areas - which greatly remind me of a five star hotel.






The fireplace of the sitting room, very cozy and decorated for the holidays.




Palm tree upholstered chairs fill the corridor along side holiday decorations.




A cute gingerbread house.




All photos by me.






No comments: