Monday, January 19, 2009

"15 + Minutes"


Thought I would feature an opening exhibition at a local art gallery here in Los Angeles. The timing of the exhibition is concurrent with the Los Angeles Art Show going on this week which is a big event for many local art galleries and artists, in addition to art galleries nationwide attending the art show.

I am a huge fan of pop art. While I feel artwork is a very personal selection per individual and I often tell my clients to purchase works they are drawn to, I love pairing pop art or abstract art with traditional or transitional furnishings. I love the juxtaposition. I love modern art in both comtemporary and traditional settings.

The opening exhibition taking place this Saturday, January 24th at the Hamilton-Selway Fine Art gallery in West Hollywood and is titled "15 + Minutes." It features the works of Wesselman, Lichtenstein, Rosenquist, Warhol and Oldenberg (also pictured above in a photograph I've never seen!).

I am looking forward to seeing some of these many masterpieces in person at the opening!

James Rosenquist, a piece titled "Communication Center."

Tom Wesselman, "Still Life with Matisse and Johns."

Roy Lichtenstein, an artist with his own unique way of creating a masterpiece.

And of course, the one and only Andy Warhol who coined their term "15 Minutes."

Hamilton-Selway Fine Art is located in West Hollywood at 8678 Merlose Avenue in the heart of the Avenues of Art & Design District across from the Pacific Design Center.

The current exhibition is also coinciding with the Los Angeles Art Show. If you happen to be in LA, the event is taking place at the Los Angeles Convention Center from January 21st - 25th.

No comments: