Sunday, April 10, 2011

Let's Play House!



As a kid, I had a life-size playhouse in our backyard.  It was pretty basic: a box, with a pitched roof, one exterior window, a dutch door.  It was painted blue with white trim.  Completely unfinished on the inside with no electricity or running water (joke).  At certain times of the year it was cold and damp inside with a musty smell.  But regardless, it was my little retreat and I played for hours in there with friends.  Or rather, I played for hours, friends stayed for brief visits.  I couldn't even manage to keep Scamp, our Cocker Spaniel in there for very long, he always wanted out for some reason.  It moved with us about three times and then I finally outgrew it prior to our next move. So my parent's put it "on the market" and surprisingly it *sold* rather quickly.

Well, the "playhouse real estate" market has changed quite a bit back from the time I had one! I came across these architectural gems of a playhouse from a company called Smart Playhouse.  If you are in the market for a modern and chic life-size playhouse - they sell ones for both indoor and outdoor.



The Illinois offers great views and a front porch.




The Hobikken is still contemporary, but has a more rustic warm cottage feel.




The Kyoto (mini) is much more futuristic looking.




The Kyoto (maxi) offers a second story and is inspired by Japanese avant-garde architecture.




The Casaforum is made of wood and steel, with a textured facade.


For indoor playhouses, there are two options:










Happy House Hunting!

No comments: