Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Party at "My House!"


Well, there's a party this New Year's Eve and it's at "My House." Okay, well not really, it's at Dodd Mitchell's house. Okay, not really either. What it really is, is a brand new club in Hollywood designed by LA interior designer Dodd Mitchell and it's designed to look like his house:

“I have always enjoyed the comfort of a house party that just doesn’t exist in your typical nightclub, so with My House I set out to create an environment I would personally relish, and bring that vision to the nightlife space,” said Mitchell.

Here are some highlights from the concept book created for the project:

Always the heart of any house party, a state-of-the-art, contemporary kitchen doubles as the club’s main bar, featuring fully-functional appliances, a wood-covered, & triangular ceiling. The open floor plan from the kitchen to the formal dining room, leads through a seamless transition from indoors to outdoors ending in a fire pit burning on the exterior patio. Once outside, there is an outdoor Jacuzzi!



A sunken living room welcomes with spacious, lounge-like seating, flat-paneled televisions, & chandeliers. The living room’s well-appointed mix of custom-made furniture will be relocated later in the evening, unveiling the club’s main dance floor, where DJs will cue up the city’s hottest soundtracks.

The "master bedroom" is on the second floor and features a leather-crafted bed.


It's always nice to have an accessible bathtub when you are out clubbing.

The space plan featured in the concept book:

Touche!

Well, despite my invite (thank you to Jenn Laskey of Red Light Promotions!)I will not be attending the New Year's Eve (Housewarming) party at "My House." Instead, I will be attending a nice intimate gathering with good friends, good food, & great wine at "Morgan's House." My good friend who knows how to throw a nice party and has a very stylish kitchen herself, thanks to her company Metric Home!

Happy New Year!

My House is located at 7080 Hollywood Blvd and will be open Tuesday through Sunday from 10:00PM to 2:00AM. For reservations, please call (323) 960-3300 or visit www.myhousehollywood.com.

No comments: